Monday, December 8, 2008

Blame Canada?!?!

Do not be confused or offended by the title of my blog...

I am merely referencing my addiction to certain TV shows that are from Canada.
My newest one is a cartoon that is on my child's favorite channel, Cartoon Network. Anyway, this show is called 6 teen. Its about kids hanging out at the mall. Its completely silly and very teenish but its very funny and I cant help but watch it.
Actually Im sure a lot of people can relate to this show if you watch it...who hasnt had a mall job or hung out with your friends at the food court? Im pretty sure everyone has at some point...having said that, the characters are of course 16 and this is what they do. As long as you dont read anymore into it...its great!!!
I just wonder what the allure of Canadian TV is...
This is not my first brush with Canada television. Growing up I was a total Degrassi junkie. This show was my show and I didnt even realize until I was probably 16 that it was even Canadian. To me this show was my soap opera...my Mom had her shows so why shouldnt I have mine? I was very sad when Degrassi ended but lo and behold I discovered as an adult that there was now a Degrassi The Next Generation. Now characters that I loved as a child were recycled so to speak in a new format. They even used characters of old in an adult setting...I loved it all over again!!!
Hence, Canada got me all over again...
So now as I watch my new show all snuggled in my jammies...
I add a new show to the ever growing list of addictions.
Im sure they make pills for this...

No comments: