Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Minor irritations

Im back...
I have to put one little irritation out here that has been bugging me since Sunday...
The Emmy's
As a big fan of award shows, I look forward to each and every one. I love everything a good award show offers from the preshows (who are you wearing?, etc), the hosts (jon stewart does an awesome job for the Oscars) and finally the winners (who can forget Cuba Gooding Jr winning his Oscar for Jerry Mcquire?). This is something that I look forward to. I mark them on my calendar and make sure that I am home. To me there is no award show to little to keep me away...
This Sunday became my exception. The preshow on E! was fine. I enjoyed Ryan Seacrest and Guliana talking to the stars but I really could have done with out the breakaways to Jay Manual and Kristin Dos Santo who were putting in their 2 cents. Im not sure if it was a time fill or what but it was boring and pointless to me.
Then the show started...
I have never been so disappointed in an award show ever. There were 5 hosts, which while unneccssary, seemed to have promise. However, from the start, it was like a bad train wreck. A lot of it seemed unrehearsed and not relevent. It should have been a good show because it was the 60th anniversary of the Emmy's. While the premise of the history was valid it was wasted by stupid one liners and useless crap. I dont think the stars knew what to do with it either.
Since the Emmy's are usually the 1st of the season, I hope that this isnt a segway into what is coming up. Otherwise, there will be one disappointed girl on their hands.
til next time...
-a

No comments: